Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Timely Response

Prompt customer service is a sticking point with me. I am a good tipper, but the service has to be good. I do not reward bad service either in restaurants or retail establishments. I bring this up only because of a response I received recently to an inquiry into a possible vehicle purchase at Courtesy Nissan in Richardson.

You see, I had an auto accident that totaled my Mazda Protege, so I was in the market for a new vehicle. We had used the internet primarily for our auto search and had sent requests for information to several dealers in our area; Courtesy Nissan being among them. My wife received an email from Courtesy stating that they were ready to deal with us and we should contact them forthwith.

Now this all sounds like a smooth, efficient transition until you add in the time line. We received the email from Courtesy on September 25, 2009. My auto accident occurred in September 2008!!! Our inquiry (in the form of an email) to Courtesy was sent on October 14, 2008! If you do the math, that's 346 days for a response; a mere 19 days short of 1 year!

That's what I call a timely response.

No comments:

Post a Comment